Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My last posting to this blog...

I started this blog in the summer of 2009 while teaching Doctrine & Covenants. I was then working in the hotel industry as a housekeeping manager with a decent schedule and (for the most part) weekends off. Later that fall, I lost my job and spent the next 10 months on the rolls of the unemployed. During all of that time I was blessed and most fortunate to be able to research gospel topics and to share with you my thoughts about LDS topics ranging from the calling and role of apostles in the modern church to the symbolism and importance of water in the Old Testament. Today is Tuesday, December 7th 2010. I am now working full time in the retail business as a manager for the largest volume discount store on the planet. Unfortunately, its abuse of my time has gradually progressed to the current trend of 60-75 hours per week. I'm lucky if I have 30 minutes a day to read the scriptures let alone participate in anything that remotely resembles study. It's been over 8 long weeks since I've had a Sunday off from work. For the first time in my life I regret that Christmas has become the gigantic, materialistic celebration that it is in our society today. How many TV sets and toys do we need -- really? My life has become a 24/7 slavery dedicated to providing those items to the general public. This blog is closed until further notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment